Gliby’s Voice Chat Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2
Gliby’s Voice Chat Mod 1.7.10
This enables distance based voice chat in game, the player requires the mod, so does the server. Nothing else. If you’ve ever played TF2, it’s pretty much the same, just distance based.
Yes, you can change the distance, view below.
This mod allows you speak with other players in Minecraft, if the other player are far away you won’t hear the them, nor can you speak to the them.
Gliby created this mod for one goal, to get rid of typing to talk, imagine you and group mining, when suddenly a creeper sneaks up on one of your members, if not for Gliby’s Voice Chat Mod you couldn’t warn him as fast, he would probably die. That’s the best example I could come up with, or you swear at the someone who just killed you in PVP
Gliby’s Voice Chat Mod has a bundle of features ranging from the client to server, like:
- 3D Voice Chat utilizes Minecraft’s Sound System to create 3D audio, in lamens terms this means audio is directional.
- GUI Customizability, avoids annoying UI incompatibility with other mods.
- Voice Plates, indicates when someone is speaking.
- Options, configure your voice to be exactly how YOU want it.
- Low Latency Voice Chat, this means you send your as you speak, so if you have a good connection your voice will be almost instant!
- Server Commands, use these commands to handle annoying players.
- Server Configuration, set distance of chat, and stuff.
- A lot more.
To speak, hold the V(depending on your keybindings)button, you can change the Speak Mode in the Options Menu, which can be opened by pressing PERIOD(also depends on your keybindings)
When you are speaking, a icon on the right/left side should show up.
Everyone near you will hear you.
There is native support for Forge server, so it’s like any other forge mod.
- /vmute <player>
The standalone bukkit version is in the works, the bukkit version is being developed by ILOVEPIE, and will feature permissions, voice channels, factions support.
When you first launch the mod with a dedicated forge server, a new configuration folder, within that folder are server specific files for voice chat control.
- “sound_dist“, can be changed to anything, this will effect how far you can speak/hear players.
- “adv_net“, currently disabled.
- “udp“, currently disabled.
The mod has an options menu, with many choices. You can change many things like
- Input device, change your input device, useful if you have multiple microphones.
- Microphone Boost, if your mic is quiet you can boost it.
- World Volume, change the volume of players around you.
- Push To Talk, Toggle To Talk.
- UI Options, adjust UI to your needs.
- Setup Wizard, helps you setup the basic features of the mod.
- Lots and lots more.
Download Gliby’s Voice Chat Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2