Zombie Awareness Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4
Zombie Awareness Mod 1.7.10
Enables unlimited range pathfinding on entities. Adds Enhanced sight, smell and sound senses to entities, you bleed, they find you, you makes lots of noises, they find you
Hostile monsters have been given the ability to smell blood that the player spills, and even hear the players activities depending on how loud and frequent it is. If they sense it, they will find you.
Mining in caves has a whole new challenge to it with this, be carefull not to get cornered when busy making all that noise mining those much needed materials, always plan an escape route.
Full Feature List:
Optional extra senses
- When Blood scents are dropped, they slowly decay in strength until gone, causing hostiles to pathfind to the stronger scents, where you might be.
- When the player is hurt, he spills blood onto the ground.
- When the player is below 60% health, he bleeds every 30 seconds leaving a fresh scent, so be sure to keep healthy. (visual indicator coming soon)
For distractions, you can kill an animal which spills blood on death, giving you a better chance to get away to safety or to clear an opening to a cave.
- Scent usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius.
- When pretty much anything near the player makes a sound, there is a chance that a hostile within about 16 blocks might hear it.
- Sounds traces are amplified and are heard from farther away if they are very frequent. So a lot of arrows landing or fighting off a lot of monsters will attract company fairly soon, better relocate.
- Sound usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius. (19 blocks)
- Customizable sight awareness range.
- Option for X-Ray Sight targeting.
Option to have hostiles lose their target based on range and line of sight, or to never loses target.
- Option for Omnipotent auto player targeting.
Note: Both the client and server are 100% optional, server can run without clients having the mod (totally server side only mod), but if the client has the mod, you get to see the blood effects in smp to know if a trace was made.
- 1. Install ModLoader, you don’t actually need ModloaderMP for the client
- 2. Extract the zip, and do what the folder says, or put the zip in the mods folder in .minecraft/mods
- 1. Install ModLoaderMP
- 2. Extract the zip, and do what the folder says
– A pile of new configurations added, a bit of a mess at the moment, to be resolved once new feature reorganization happens
– Old extra spawning via ‘maxZombiesNight’ still exists, but 2 new per player only spawning ways exist:
— Surface spawning: will spawn zombies from nothing randomlyish around you on the topmosts blocks at night (might violate some spawn rules, carefull)
— Cave spawning: depends on existing zombies, will duplicate a new zombie like the old ‘maxZombiesNight’ but is for caves, more event based, intelligent cave spawning systems will become preset in Hostile Worlds and this feature will remain random
— Lots of ways to configure it, see the standard /config command way
— Also has an option to make them 1 time auto target the player they’re spawning near without needing omnipotence on all the time
– Ability to switch to csv list of Entities, as well as a way to switch the list between whitelist and backlist, use the the console debugs to see if your list is properly ticking on the entities you want, /za list helps you see the naming you need to use, this should help enable use of ZA on mod entities more, if they use vanilla path following ways
– New ‘per player’ based configuring option have been added in an attempt to make it more customizable for servers but requires admin to config:
— Senses (sound, blood)
— New extra surface spawning
— New extra cave spawning
– Client side only configs: render blood, show debug visual of senses in world (shows their strength in size too)
– A bunch of other small improvements I’ve forgotten
- Fixed random blood showing up
- Removed limit on max scents, random chance and max spawn time of 1 minute keeps the total amount of them down.
- Fixed concurrent modification exceptions for good, CoroAI pathfinding uses a maintained world cache now
- Lots of self correcting fixes added to CoroAI PFQueue for better long term dedicated server functionality
Download Zombie Awareness Mod