Zelda Sword Skills Mod
If you love Zelda and you love Minecraft, then you’ll for sure love this mod. Zelda Sword Skills+ provides a full-fledged Zelda-like experience in Minecraft, adding a plethora of exciting new sword skills that improve as you adventure, as well as a variety of the old favorites such as bombs and hookshots.
NOTE: For the latest updates, full mod description and changelog, visit my main mod page.
HISTORY and MOD INFORMATION
This mod started off as simply a promotional demo for the Quest mod by Nighttime Studios, headed by UltimateSpartan, meant to provide a sneak-peek at just one of the many features being added by that mod. It has since developed into a full-fledged Zelda mod, with many features that are unique and will not be included in Quest. Some features included in both may be different from their final implementation in Quest. Be sure to check outAntiqueAtlas by Hunternif for more Quest-related sneak-peeks!
Press x while looking at a target to lock on; once locked on, you will be able to use a variety of skills as you learn them using the arrow keys. RCtrl blocks, tab switches targets. Some skills only require the key to be tapped; other skills require the key to be held down for some time to charge up, and still other skills have even more unique activation methods. You may also continue to use WASD + mouse controls to activate any of the skills, if you find that more comfortable.
Skills are learned from orbs that drop rarely from mobs – some mobs have a higher rate of dropping a certain type of skill orb, so be on the lookout for them! Each skill can gain multiple levels, each level increasing your damage, range, or some other factor. Some mobs drop heart orbs as well. Looting enchantments will greatly increase your chances of finding orbs and hearts.
After you have learned the first level of the skill from an orb, if you get a second orb you will be able to see information about the skill in the tooltip that will give you hints on how to activate it, if you had not figured it out already or cheated by looking at the content spoilers.
Be warned that each skill takes a lot of energy to use, and if you use your skills frequently you will quickly find yourself very very hungry. Be sure to have lots of food handy!
Using Automated Bomb Arrows
Bomb Bag [$$$]
Heart Pieces and Containers [$$$]
Magic Mirror [$$$]
Master Ore [$$$]
Pendants of Virtue
Roc’s Feather [$$$]
Skill Orbs [$$$]
Obtaining Super Spin Attack
Unlocking Fire and Water Bomb Trades
Pendants of Virtue Locations
Slingshot Seed Effects
Upgrading the Slingshot
Sacred Flame Locations
Acquiring Magical Arrows
Upgrading the Hero’s Bow
Install Zelda Sword Skills Mod 1.6.4
- Install the required version of Forge (965) in to you minecraft.jar
- Start and stop Minecraft to test to make sure that Forge was added successfull
- Put in to your /mods folder
- Load up Minecraft and play!
+ Mobs: Skulltula and Golden Skulltula
+ Item: Golden Skulltula Token with associated quest (very nice rewards for this one!)
+ Item: Zora Flippers
+ Added Guardian to list of lootable entities
– Zora Helm and Zora Mask are now enchanted by default with Respiration III (granting better vision underwater)
– Armor with the Respiration enchantment reduces the speed at which the Zora Tunic takes damage (Zora helm gives extra bonus)
– Goron Helm and Goron Mask provide better vision while submerged in lava
– The Zora and Goron helms may no longer be crafted
– Any pair of Hero’s Trousers can be dyed into any other type of Hero’s Trousers (Kokiri <=> Goron <=> Zora)
– Octoroks sometimes drop rocks, which can be thrown, with optional crafting recipe
– Certain treasure items are now stackable (Knight’s Crests, for one!)
– Arrows unable to break ceramic jars or cause bomb flowers to explode
– Secret stone and dungeon core blocks not reverting to regular blocks after secret room breached
– TileEntityDungeonCore’s verifyStructure method not fulfilling contract set forth by IDungeonBlock
– Fixed some more incorrect translation strings when wearing masks
– Possible class cast exception in EntityMobThrowable
– Wizzrobes casting spells at players in Creative Mode
– Prevent certain interactions / dialogs if villager is a child
– Modded blocks missing name translation when picked up with Gauntlets
– Crash if a block with no item is picked up with Gauntlets
– Blocks picked up with Gauntlets possibly using incorrect damage value for ItemBlock
– Item NBT update graphical glitch in bombs and magic mirrors: requires Forge 188.8.131.524 or higher
– Pick block returning a Light Barrier when clicking a Heavy Barrier
Updated ZSS Manual:
+ Added section detailing all lootable entities and their possible loot (i.e. items stolen with the whip)
Download Zelda Sword Skills Mod