Tips for best looks and performance:
- The shadows are lacking a bit in resolution to keep the performance good. But if the blocky shadows are bothering you, and you think your computer can handle it, you can increase the Shadow Resolution in the shaderpack selection menu. I personally run it at 2.00, which sharpens up the shadows quite a bit, but with a hit to performance. This tip does nothing if you are running the Low or Medium editions.
- If you are on Windows, make sure you have the latest driver for your graphics. Also make sure you have the latest version of Java. Make sure you have the 64 bit version of Java installed.
- Have Optifine Ultra installed while running this mod, as it will improve performance. Editions of Optifine other than Ultra will crash your game.
- Play with your Graphics set to Fancy (or if you have Optifine, you can just set your trees to Fancy under the “Details…” menu). Playing on Fast makes the waving leaves on trees look weird.
- If you have Optifine installed, turn Fog off, as it increases FPS and makes the Shaders mod look better.
- Play with Smooth Lighting set to “Maximum”. This makes the pack look much nicer.
- If you get an average FPS of less than 60, but more than 30, you should set your framerate limit to be 30 FPS. This reduces stuttering, and you should get a smoother experience. If the framerate dips lower than 30 FPS regularly, this will make little difference.
Install yShaders Mod
- Download the Shader Mod from here and follow the installation instructions on that page.
- Put the contents of the yShaders.zip into your minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
- Select the shaderpack from the “Shaders…” menu within your Minecraft game.
Download yShaders Mod