This mod gives some much needed love to vanilla caves, adds stalactites, stalagmites, vines, glowing mushrooms, icicles and there’s more to come. This mod is based off greyjusticar’s mod which was based on Dilla’s mod, hence the 3.
- Decorates caves to make them more interesting
- Stalactites and Stalagmites generate in caves.
- Stalagmites will only generate under stalactites.
- Stalactites, Stalagmites and vines generate dynamically and can be as long as you want (config option)
- Entities can get damaged when falling on stalagmites
- Different features depending on biome
- Stalactites and stalagmites in all biomes
- Vines on humid and jungle like biomes
- Icicles on cold biomes
- More water sources on wet biomes
- sand and sandstone generates on arid caves
- sandstone stalactites/stalagmites on arid biomes
- ice generates on frozen biomes
- iceshrooms on frozen caves
- stone stalactites/stalagmites drop cobblestone and they can be collected intact with silk touch
- sandstone stalactites/stalagmites drop sandstone and they can be collected intact with silk touch
- spiderwebs now generate on caves
- Glowing mushrooms and iceshrooms drop glowstone dust when destroyed and can be sheared
- Properties file with many options to customize the mod to your liking, change block ids, the frequency a certain feature occurs, length of vines and stalactites/stalagmites, etc.
- Compatible with ExtrabiomesXL
- skulls/heads spawn on dungeon chests
- skeleton skulls spawn rarely on caves
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Download Wild Caves Mod zip file from the link at the bottom of this post
- Put Wild Caves Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
- The mod is now compiled with srgnames
- Fixed the sound made by the mushrooms.
- Added config option for the mushroom’s light level.
- Added block id white list for world gen to the config.
- Added a new block, the bone pile, generates a bit on every biome and drops bones, arrows or rarely skulls.
- Added config option for bone pile generation
- Dixed a couple of derps on the code that were probably causing those weird structure generations.
- Decreased even more the max tempeature for frozen generation
Download Wild Caves Mod 1.7.4/1.7.2/1.6.2/1.5.2