Waila Mod 1.8.1/1.8
Waila is an extension for NEI. It will show in the tooltip what mod an item is from. Since the tooltip contains the mod name, you can also easly parse items per mods.
But that’s not all ! Leveraging an extended NEI HUD, it is also capable of showing the name of blocks and mods ingame, right on top of your screen.
And if this is not enough, it comes with a few integrated modules to show internal information of some specific blocks. For now, BC tanks have been implemented (shows the content, capacity and amount of fluid) and IC2 machines (shows the In/out voltage).
Installation Waila Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
- This is a client side mod. No need to install it on your server to have it works.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download and install Not Enough Items
- Download Waila Mod
- Put zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
- Not much to say here. Tooltips should work out of the box in the NEI interface.
- To activate the HUD, go to NEI options (bottom left while having your inventory open) and check “Highlight Tips“.
- Run around, enjoy.
- Ported to 1.7.2
- Key tagging is off if NEK is present.
- Added Steve’s cart module using the Entity API
- Added hidden Secret Doors
- Added hidden Carpenter’s doors
- Added Harvestcraft crop support
- Added MagicalCrop crop support
- Added Statues support
- Added a “Sneak to see” config option. Data will be hidden unless you sneak.
- Fixed Project:Red overlay and FMP bugs.
Config & admin
- Config file is generated at start when the modules are loaded instead of when the options are changed.
- Config file is separated into 3 sections. General, modules and server_forcing
- Config can be enforced by the server to a given value by setting the corresponding key in server_forcing to true.
Tooltip optimisation and fonctionnalities
- All parts of the tooltip, besides the actual rendering, is now done outside the rendering tick. Should solve the latest slowdowns
- Tooltips now support some form of column based display and Left/Right justification
- Tooltips can now support displaying icons (the set is limited right now but will be extended)
- Waila API is now a @API, so other mods shouldn’t be able to mess it up when wrongly implemented.
- New entity API. It works like the Block API, with its own dedicated provider and accessor. The registration is done the same way too.
- New FMP API.
- Deprecated quite a few registration methods to be 1.7 ready.
- NBT syncing is not automatic anymore. You have to register the keys you want or “*” to register the whole tag tree. The command is IWailaRegistrar.registerSyncedNBTKey()
- Fixed a few bugs in the handling of providers.
- Complete rework of the detection system to move it in the client tick instead of the rendering tick.
- More things are cached for optimization
- Removed all dependency on NEI for the ingame tooltip
- Removed some BC related energy display because they were not what I thought they were.
- NBT with a size > 32k will not crash the client anymore (Fix for OpenComputers).
- Redstone wires will now use the redstone dust icon instead of the weird block icon.
- + The tooltip will not try to render when the UI is hidden. Should fix the magic compass bug.
- [Fix] The modules are now registered in a very late Forge init step, making sure that all other mods are properly registered before reflecting.
- [Fix] IC2 discovery will not throw a stacktrace anymore. This was intended for debugging only.
- [Local] ru_RU has been update.
- Check if raytrace is null. This bug never happened before so it would be nice to have someone suffering from this bug post a list of mods they are using.
- Added a getSide() to the accessor, so Waila can return different strings depending on the side.
Download Waila Mod