The Twilight Forest Mod 1.7.10
The Twilight Forest realm is an endless world like regular Minecraft. Nearly all of it is densely forested. It has more of an enchanted or faerie tale feel than the main Minecraft world. The skies are perpetually dim, giving a darker, somewhat gloomy cast to the world below. An overstory of larger trees further shades most of the world below, creating a canopy covering most of the world (so thick that you can actually walk on it most places.) The canopy is pierced only occasionally by massive trees that rise to the ceiling of the world. The terrain is flatter, or at least less mountainous than regular Minecraft, but you will occasionally encounter hills, sometimes rising far above the canopy level. These hills are hollow too, containing caves filled with valuable ores, treasure and dangerous monsters.
The main features right now are:
Install The Twilight Forest Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
Client installation and requirements
- Back up your saves!
- Download Minecraft Forge client- Thanks Forge team.
- Download this mod’s client files.
- Open up your minecraft.jar and add Forge’s files
- Delete the META-INF
- Place this mod’s zip file in the mods folder of your minecraft folder
- If you need to configure block IDs, use the config/TwilightForest.cfg file. If you have a config file from 1.2.5 or earlier, you need to edit or delete the TwilightForest.cfg or you will have ID conflicts.
Server installation and requirements
- Back up your world before installing new mods.
- Get a server running using the minecraft_server.jar. If you’re stuck on this step, I can’t help you, use Google.
- Download Minecraft Forge. You usually want the recommended version. That’s the most recent one with a star next to it.
- Download this mod, located above
- Open your minecraft_server.jar and add all the forge server files.
- Start the server at least once to let it generate all the files and directories it needs.
- Add this mod’s server zip file to the server mods folder.
- Start the server. Make sure the Twilight Forest mod is reporting that it loaded when you start the server.
The Twilight Forest Mod Changelogs:
- Added chill aura enchantment
- Added chill aura to yeti armors
- Ice bombs now freeze/snow the area on impact
- Redrew ice bomb item
- Fixed occasional bug with aurora block coloration math
- Increased alpha yeti experience value
- Worked on forwards compatibility with 1.7.10
- Successfully got biome ID conflict detection working
- Implemented biome ID auto-assigning when config file is blank
- Released 2.2.0
- Updated to MC 1.7.2
- Fixed a few Thaumcraft aspects for items & blocks
- Made canopy coverage and twilight oak chance configurable in the config file
- Drew icons for venison, meef, hydra chops, meef stroganoff
- Change minoshroom to drop an undamaged axe instead of using default drop routine
- Tweaks to leaf dungeon generation to match how it was before
- Tweaks to twilight oak root generation to look more natural
- Added biome list that twilight oaks naturally spawn in
- Fixed up twilight oak insect routine to add both cicadas and fireflies properly
- Added range constraints to dark forest trees as well
- Disabled chunk relight check killing code
- It wasn’t working properly with all versions of Forge
- Lowered king spider rider mount point
- Skeletal druids now make bonemeal sparkles with their projectiles
- Raised pitch of swarm spider noises
- Fixed a bug where certain types of clicks could cause the uncrafting table to overwrite items in the assembly grid
- Lowered pitch of minotaur sounds
- Changed minotaur/minoshroom horn model
- Added witches into several spawn tables
- Knight Phantoms
- Changed model
- Got formation synchronization code working again
- Added special attacks for 3 different weapons
- Added particle effects & other special effect
- Added phantom armor
- Treasure chest appears when defeated
- Changed naga and hydra to not target creative mode players
- Changed fiery pick over from hacky method of changing drops to Forge harvest event
- Fixes a crash with silk touch
- Fixed NPE with fiery armor and certain mod-added damage sources
- Dark forest renovations
- A changed, more autumnal color scheme
- Tree changes for a slightly higher “ceiling”
- Fixed so that mushglooms appear in the dark forest again
- Added special dark-resistant grasses & dead bush blocks
- Also pumpkins
- Started to add new type of brick for stronghold
- Fixed knightly armor model for sneaking
- Still need to fix bow and holding item animation
- Fixed mod initialization methods to use newer FML interfaces
- Fixed a conflict between charms of keeping and Ars Magica’s soulbound enchantment
- Fixed some texture map glitches with the minoshroomtaur’s horns
- Re-added Thaumcraft integration for TC4, thanks to Auric245524 for the aspect suggestions
- Have not done creatures yet
- Renamed the new goblin stronghold brick to underbrick
- Added language entries for new stuff