The Miningmod started about 3 years ago. I just learned to write a basic mod at that moment and decided to publish a simple mod which added some new tools and armor. Many people seemed to like the idea of a simple mining mod! A simple mod became a popular mod with over 45k downloads. Unfortunately, thanks to school I had to stop updating the mod. This was at the 1.5 update. It just took too much of my time to update the mod at this point. For over 1.5 year the mod wasn’t updated, untill now!
- Sapphire ore, with tool and armor sets
- Ruby ore, with tool and armor sets
- Copper ore, used to make bronze
- Tin ore, used to make bronze
- Bronze, with tool and armor sets
- Mithril, with tool and armor sets
- Silver, with tool and armor sets
A list of the sets from worst to best:
- Crystal (200 tool uses, 3.0F speed)
- Silver (400 tool uses, 3.5F speed)
- Bronze (500 tool uses, 4.0F speed)
- Ruby/Sapphire (600 tool uses, 9.0F speed)
- Mithril (10.000 tool uses, 15.0F speed)
As you can see, mithril is quite overpowered. This is balanced by the fact that it’s extremely hard to get. I might adjust it a little bit if I get any complaints about it.
For the recipes, I recommend using a mod like Not Enough Items. You can see any recipe you want with this mod.
Installing the client
Download The Mining Mod 1.7.10