Thaumcraft Mod 1.7.10
Thaumaturgy… which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at.
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about – drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here:
Any type of shard can be used in the recipe.
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Installation Thaumcraft Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
- Install Minecraft Forge (Modloader is NOT required – my mod uses the Forge modloader)
- Download this mod and place the zip into your Mods Directory.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave theÂ regen_keyÂ setting asÂ ‘DEFAULT’Â otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you setÂ aura_nodesÂ toÂ ‘true’Â if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set theÂ regen_keyÂ value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
– update for MC 1.7.10
– requires Forge 10.13.0.1199
– BAUBLES: requires Baubles 18.104.22.168
– BAUBLES: Automatic download now checks the web first for the latest required build before defaulting to the included dependency files. This should allow me to update the baubles version required without having to create a new version of TC
– API: added a way to add permanent and temporary warp
– API: Altered the way the WandTriggerRegistry works to avoid block conflicts
– API: new stuff for vis energy net (see below)
– API: added smelting recipe page type
– API: WandCap and WandRod has a new method which you can override to alter what research is required to be able to craft something with that cap or rod.
– loads of bug fixes
– loads of new stuff
– added two major new systems: warp and the vis energy network. Both are explained via thaumonomicon entries
– mana beans revamped. They now have 8 growth stages and can only be attached to the bottom of logs.
– mana beans found in the wild only contain primal aspects, but if planted adjacent to existing bean pods they may breed into compound aspects made up of combinations of its own and adjacent aspects.
– added a wuss-mode config option for those that don’t want Warp.
– added warp console command
– most config settings can now be set ingame from the mod menu.
– some research seems to have dissapeared – where could they have gone?
– shuffled research tiers a bit to account for new additions
– moved saving/loading to new forge events. Pre-1.7.10 *.thaum files should automatically be converted to the new format
– nodes in jars are no longer valid targets for recharging wands
– stopped assuming vanilla would get things right and implemented my own item dropping code. Should fix some crucible related issues.
– moved potion initialization to post-init
– potions now use a dynamic range that should help prevent overlaps with other mod defined potions.
– wand pedestal now properly interacts with amulet of vis in regards to automation and displaying aspects.
– added some custom shader effects
– arcane ears now respect the new noteblock events and will trigger on non-vanilla noteblocks
– added liquid death. Do not drink.
– added missing aspects to a few items
– hover harness now uses its own hotkey (default ‘H’)
– fixed haste effect on the hover harness. It was improving its speed 10x more than it should have been doing.
– removed some item dupe bugs
– fixed alchemy recipes oredict checking
– fixed directional essentia tubes
– equal trade focus no longer requires or gathers blocks while in creative mode
– equal trade focus now ignores liquids
– node stabilizers can now be turned off with a redstone signal
– made magic mirrors easier to craft by increasing the infusion base stability a lot
– switched to default Forge implementation of Netty
– runic augmentation now increases the runic charge by the proper amount
– jarring nodes is once again possible when using forge versions after 1091
– fixed dropping of native clusters
– remove the gravel and sand alchemy recipes. Who really needed that anyway?
– increased capacity of the vis storage amulets and they now automatically recharge from nearby relays when worn
– fixed a possible crash bugs when other mods add ores to the oredict, but not the ingots for them
– crafting tc stuff in the crucible, infusion altar or thaumatorium now triggers the forge ItemCraftedEvent.
– Sword of the Zephyr area attack will no longer effect dead entities and the area has been increased slightly
– mounted horses can now be lifted by arcane levitators
– arcane furnace now has a input slot on its bottom as well (for those special occasions)
– removed ender pearl from void jar recipe
– the infusion altar is now the only device that will be able to draw essentia directly from jars through the air – all other devices either need essentia piped into them or supplied via the vis energy net
– optimised particles and revamped particle engine
– zombie brains have now become a separate item and any old brains have thus become defunct. To make up for this the new zombie brains are 30% more delicious.
– normal zombies now have a small chance of dropping zombie brains. I’m not sure where they got them from.
– shift-clicking an unlabeled jar now properly resets its suction
– golems now retain their item filters when picked up
Download Thaumcraft Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
Thaumcraft Mod 1.7.2
Thaumcraft Mod API (For modders)