Steampunk Resource ( Texture ) Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9/1.7.2
Download Steampunk Resource Pack 1.6.2
Resolution: 32x, 64x
Developer : Glimmar
Compatible : Minecraft 1.6.2,
Last Updated : July 18, 2013
About this pack
If you’re looking to build epic sized constructions in the style of Victorian Science Fiction, ala Steampunk, you just might have found the right Resource pack!
How to install Steampunk Resource Pack for Minecraft
- 1. Ideally (but not necessary), ensure your game is a clean, freshly installed version of Minecraft.
- 2. Boot up the Minecraft game, select ‘Mods and Texture Packs’, select ‘Open texture pack folder’ and just drag ‘Glimmar’s Steampunk’ zip file into it, from where you saved it. Don’t forget to select it as your pack of choice.
- 3. VERY IMPORTANT! To fix graphical glitches inherent in Minecraft when using HD textures and to enable my HD font, animated water, lava, portal, fire and and many other special animations, random mobs and villagers, extra textures, lighting and biome colour effects and hi-res starfield, it is essential you apply the latest “MC Patcher” MC Patcher. There are clear instructions in kahr’s thread on how to use MC Patcher. However, to see all the nice things in this pack please ensure to tick the following options when you run MC Patcher:Under the ‘Mods’ tab please tick:
- HD Textures
- HD font
- Random mobs
- Custom colors
- Connected Textures
- Better Skies
- (Better Grass is optional)
And under the ‘Options’ tab, please ensure that all HD Textures are set to ‘Custom Animated’.
Optifine will mostly do the same as MC Patcher with some exceptions, but as I don’t use that patcher myself, I can’t say for sure what the results will be and cannot provide detailed support.
- 4. At the outset…any other mods I recommend are used by you at your own risk. I’ve used them mostly without any problems at all, but the responsibility is on you to read the relevant mod thread and sensibly back-up your Minecraft ‘bin’ and ‘save’ files before making any changes you may later regret.