Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod 1.7.5
- 1. Download the latest version of the GLSL Shaders Mod from here
- 2. Download and install the GLSL Shaders Mod
- 3. Download a SEUS shaderpack from the Downloads section above.
- 4. The .zip file that you download is in proper shaderpack format. Simply copy the .zip fileto your .minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
- 5. Select the shaderpack you installed from the Options > Shaders menu in Minecraft.
The Shaders Mod requires a bit of configuration and knowledge to use properly. This mod is used to power “shaderpacks” and is useless without them.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders is the only officially supported shaderpack because it is developed in tandem with the Shaders Mod itself. Most, if not all, other shaderpacks out there are derived from my work. Use SEUS if you want the newest and most efficient shader technology. Scroll down to the Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders section of this post to download.
To use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.
1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don’t know how to do this).
2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters).
3. Place the shaderpacks you wish to use in this directory.
4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may either be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders v10.0 Ultra
.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
.minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing you
should check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.
5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it. Also, ensure that New block breaking is set to true.
6. Switching between some shaderpacks will cause errors. This is something that I am working on. In order to get rid of these errors, simply restart Minecraft.
Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
- Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
- Lower your render distance. SEUS is optimized for “Short + 16″.
- Toggle “Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:”. “ON” gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
Download Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod 1.7/1.8
SEUS Standard: Download from Server 1
SEUS Ultra: Download from Server 1
SEUS Ultra DOF: Download from Server 1
SEUS Ultra Motion Blur: Download from Server 1
For 1.5.1/1.4.7 (Beta v10 Rc 7 Ultra)
For 1.4.7 (Beta v10 Rc6)
Include Texture Pack:
For 1.2.5 v08