Shemp’s Spanner Mod 1.8
Shemp’s Spanner Mod
For a long time, I’ve wanted to try modding in Minecraft. In 2012, around when I started playing, I heard news from MineCon that the developers had started work on an official mod/plugin API that would allow mods to be much more future-proof. I’ve been quite patient, and there has been very little talk of its progress, so I decided to begin now.
Have you ever been playing in your world and thought “Why isn’t this in the game?” or “Why does that thing act the way it does?”. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have those moments, and it got to the point where I started writing them down.
Shemp’s Spanner is a collection of small behaviour tweaks, additions, conveniences and bugfixes which are targeted at Vanilla gameplay, and using the mod should feel like standard Vanilla gameplay. If you’re seeking something which completely transforms gameplay such as a Feed the Beast modpack or TerraFirmaCraft, you’re in the wrong place.
Shemp’s Spanner does not change how Minecraft saves the world in any way.
For the time being, there is no official API to work with, so there’s a good chance that I will not be able to update to future versions of Minecraft. In that case, I don’t want anything in the game world to break or be corrupted if I stop using or working on this mod.
Those of you who have played with modpacks will know that modded worlds have a notoriously short lifespan – I am aiming to avoid this.
If you want to suggest a change, this is the rule to keep in mind.
Think of it as being similar to a server plugin. There are plugins which add very powerful behaviours such as WorldEdit, but to add a new block to the game is out of the question.
If you don’t want these, delete aop.class from the ShempSpanner zip.
- Book & Quill + Book + Ink sac + Feather -> New Book & Quill containing the contents of the original
- Quartz block -> Nether quartz (crystal form)
- Sandstone -> 4 Sand
- Sticky piston -> Piston
- Dropper + String -> Dispenser
- Packed ice + 8 Ice -> 4 Packed ice
- 1 Red sand + 8 Sand -> 8 Red sand (could use improvement)
- All Fences craft 5 instead of 3
- All Stairs craft 6 instead of 4
- Brick blocks, Quartz blocks and TNT recipes craft 4 instead of 1
- All Rails craft double their old amount
- Dispensers require string instead of bows – this is so you can make more than one at once
Install Shemp’s Spanner Mod
- Download and installMinecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Download Shemp’s Spanner Mod