– SMP/LAN compatible.
– Highly configurable – be sure to check Revamp.cfg.
– Mobs are visible when you’re far away, will still be active at farther distances, and will wander more often. (Is more CPU intensive.)
– Mobs won’t stare at you when you are invisible.
– Can apply name tags and leads to adult villagers, or tempt them with an emerald.
– Villager path-finding range increased from 16 to 40. Zombie path-finding range REDUCED to 3/4 of the villager path-finding range (so down from 40 to 30 by default). This was primarily to fix the performance problems that occur near villages at night (with or without the mod!).
– Villagers don’t derp around as much at night, the new long-distance pathfinding code gets applied to them so they can better escape the zombies. (NOTE! Can be memory-intensive!)
– Villagers won’t open doors for zombies, and can “hear” them (no line-of-sight needed) — survive those zombie sieges!
– Villagers can climb ladders! Mostly. They climb with their arms crossed, so they’re pretty clumsy. You can help them, though! See tips section below.
– Villagers make better use of the doors around them and spread out around the village. They will try to return to the same house night-after-night (assuming no zombies start chasing them..) With a pre-existing village, this may take a few in-game days or require you to manually move villagers to abandoned parts of town.
– Villagers take advantage of bigger houses and spread around inside instead of clustering near the door.
– Villagers are better at finding new doors and ignore those they can’t actually get to.
– Villagers require light to stay in a house.
– Villagers can establish homes underground. If you have a door that cannot see the sky for the 5 blocks on either side, and has a roof of 6 solid blocks, this counts as an underground house. At night, the testificates will move toward the side of the door with the most light (using the same 5 blocks in front and behind the door). Breeding and everything else works just like a regular village.
– Villagers can have twins.
– Villagers in non-raining biomes (eg, desert) will not move indoors when it rains during the day.
– Doors-per-villager setting. No more tacky doors everywhere!
– Villager-per-Iron Golem setting. Every villager can have a personal body guard! (Requires 21 doors for first golem to spawn.)
Install Revamp Mod
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Download Revamp Mod