Primitive Mobs is a mod which add numerous new mobs into your Minecraft world. However unlike some mods out there, this mod adds mobs which are familar to the regular Minecraft player. These mobs look like vanilla features however they add completely new features and behaviour which can benefit the player or the opposite. Before you start checking them out remember: You don’t have to like them all, as mobs can be turned off. Also all mobs will spawn in ExtraBiomesXL biomes when that mod is installed
The Primitive Mobs:
This mod does work for LAN and SMP
There is a config file in the config folder once you run the game with the mod installed once. Use it to disable mobs, change mob spawn frequencies and change the item ID of the Spider Egg (700), Spider Egg Shell (701),Mystery Egg (702) and NameTag (703).
ExtraBiomesXL, Highlands and BiomesOPlenty support will be automatically applied when installed.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Primitive Mobs Mod zip file
- Put Primitive Mobs Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
- Updated to 1.5.2
- Added compatibility with newest Biomes O’ Plenty (including Nether biomes)
- Tweaked spawn rates (not affected by Mob Spawn Controls, just use my config file)
- Summoners are now very rare when spawned naturally. They have 1/20 chance to stay when spawned, else they will die instantly. This is done because the spawn system only goes untill a spawn frequency of 1. They will spawn 100% of the time when a player is very close (8 blocks) so spawn eggs still work.
- Sheepmen now spawn at a decent rate in the Nether. Normal sheepmen should spawn a little more frequent than Ghasts while sheepman smiths are a little bit more rare.
- Travelling Merchants are more rare now. However, on fields you will still encounter 3-4.
- Fixed bug where slimes on player’s head wouldn’t go off unless killed.
- Fixed Tamed Treasure Slime mounting when trying to recolor.
- Added custom Creative Tab for Primitive Mobs items