Portable Mining Laser Mod 1.6.4
This mod allows you to make a portable mining laser in-game
Full view of the PML showing the aperture of the laser (where the blast comes from). The labels on the sides indicate the point of origin of the laser and where it is pointing.
Hole cleared by using Redstone as fuel (2x1x32).
Same hole hit again using Gold as fuel (3x3x32).
Same hole hit one last time using a diamond as fuel (5x5x32).
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download Portable Mining Laser Mod
- Put zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
Configuring the Portable Mining Laser:
The PML is configurable by an external configuration file located under the .minecraft/config directory named “PML2.cfg” – the following options can be adjusted to change the way the PML works:
- I:AQUATUNNEL=0 – Set this to 1, if the laser clears any blocks adjacent to water, the adjacent blocks become glass. Allows for tunneling through bodies of water.
- I:BEDROCK=0 – Set this to 1 to punch through bedrock.
- I:DROP=1 – Can be 1 or 0, 1 drops all items to be picked up, 0 destroys them.
- I:LAVATUNNEL=0 – Set this to 1, if the laser clears any blocks adjacent to lava, the adjacent blocks become glass. Comes in handy when mining near lava pools.
- I:PMLID=501 – The block ID of the PML.
- I:RADIUS=1 – The default radius of the blast. (minimum = 1, maximum = 64)
- I:RANGE=32 – The default range of the blast. (minimum = 1, maximum = 128)
- I:SELECTFIRE=0 – Can be 1 or 0, 0 is the default which mimics the standard behavior of the PML when DROP=1. When set to 1, the PML will destroy cobblestone, dirt, gravel, sand, and stone while allowing anything else within its firing range and radius to be dropped for pickup. It will override the DROP setting if you decide to enable it, so if you set DROP=0 and SELECTFIRE=1, the SELECTFIRE=1 takes precedence. I’ll make it neater eventually but this works for now.
In order for a setting to take effect, you must restart Minecraft after making the change.
Positioning the Portable Mining Laser:
Once created, place the block where you want to clear a massive amount of blocks in one shot, its default firing direction is the same direction you’re facing when you place it. The direction can be changed by right clicking on the block with any tool or your hand. Besides the big red aperture on the front, there are labels on each side as well as a unique rear texture to indicate where the PML is pointing.
Firing the Portable Mining Laser:
You can feed the laser 3 different fuels for different effects, simply right click on the PML with one of the following items in hand:
- Redstone – Clear a 2x1x32 row of blocks.
- Gold Ingot – Clear a 3x3x32 row of blocks.
- Diamond – Clear a 5x5x32 row of blocks.
- Updated to run under Minecraft 1.6.4
Download Portable Mining Laser Mod