Myrmecology is the study and breeding of antsWhen you break an ant hill with an extractor, you get some larvae, which you can incubate and let mature into a queen ant, drone or worker. When you breed a drone and a queen in an ant farm, they engage in a special cuddle and mix their genes, creating several more larvae.When spawning workers, they perform a certain behaviour, which depends on the ant species. It could be cutting down nearby trees or harvesting crops.
- The scavenger AI and carpenter AI have been implemented, but could be buggy so be careful!
- Myrmecology now works on servers! Woohoo!
- The Solarium and Formicarium now render their ants above the block. Set the block rendering config option to 0 to disable this.
- Carpenter ants will wait a certain amount of time (relative to the tree size) before chopping down a tree.
- The Myrmecology book has been removed. This may lead to world loading errors!
- All Myrmecology book info has been added to the Myrmopaedia.
- Changed the solarium textures to some experimental textures for the new rendering.
- Changed first achievement to the Myrmopaedia.
- Pheromone blocks will prevent ants from performing their behaviours within 5 blocks. There is currently no way of crafting these so they are only available through creative mode.
Download Myrmecology Mod 1.6.4