What is Morphing Mod?
This mod allows the player to morph into any mob after killing it. You can cycle through all the morphs you have and you can become anything at any point. It is the ultimate disguise! This also is compatiable with any mod that brings in a living entity, so if you added orespawn per say it will work on the bosses themselves! The way you morph into mobs is so unique, it takes each model piece from a mob and dissembles it and resembles it onto the player! This mod is still in beta and is planned to have many more features!
Morphing Mod Features:
- “Acquire” most living mobs by killing them (a morph). This includes other players, silverfish, turrets (from PortalGun) and even descriptive books (from Mystcraft). You cannot reacquire an identical morph.
- Browse previously stored morphs with the (defaults) HOME/END keys. Rebindable in the config. Once the selector is open you can use the mouse to browse.
- Select a morph with the ENTER/RETURN/LMB. It takes 4 seconds to transition between morphs, and you cannot acquire morphs while morphing.
- Remove a morph with the DELETE/BACKSPACE (rebindable). You cannot remove your original state/the morph you are currently using.
- Close the morph selector with the ESCAPE/RMB. It will auto close if there is another GUI open.
Morphing Mod Abilities:
Packaged with the mod right now there are 8 abilities, some good, some bad. They are as follows:
- Fire Immunity
- Water Allergy
- Climb: Mimics spider climbing up walls etc, you have to push yourself against a wall and you’ll climb up it. You need to remain pushed against the wall to climb up it, of course, and you fall if you let go.
- Fly: Mimics creative flying, available for vanilla mobs that fly.
- Float: Only one mob in vanilla supports this, and that’s the chicken. Instead of falling to your doom, you slowly float downwards like chickens do.
- Fire Immunity: A variety of mobs have this, especially all the nether mobs. This will make you fire resistant and let you swim around in lava if you want to.
- Hostile: Certain mobs are labelled hostile specifically because they try to target players. There is no use of this ability unless you enable Hostile Mode in the config (explained later).
- Swim: This ability allows mobs to breathe underwater, and optionally, make them drown when out of water.
- Sunburn: Think Zombies and Skeletons burning in sunlight. Yeah.
- Water allergy: You take damage when wet. Like endermen and blazes.
To identify abilities, look in the Morph gui under the name of the morph, listed there are abilities that may be available to the mob. (For example, the skeleton has an additional fire immunity which affects wither skeletons and sunburn which affects normal skeletons instead).
This is a config option that affects the “Hostile” Ability. By default it is turned off. This modes allow you to walk amongst (some, not all) the hostile mobs in the game, if you are morphed as a hostile mob.
EG: You’re a skeleton and you walk up to a zombie, which completely ignores you unless attacked.
How to install Morphing Mod for Minecraft:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download Morphing Mod
- Put Morphing Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it. If you don’t have a mods folder, create it
- Now requires iChunUtil 3.3.0 or later. Uses its Config system, Keybind system, Networking system, Obfuscation helper, amongst others.
– Fixed issues with other mods when a player kills and acquires another player.
– Fixed issues with favouriting morphs.
– Fixed rendering of ability icons for mobs with more than 4 abilities.
– Fixed killing morphed players giving you the player as a morph instead of the morph as a morph. (Yes that was a bug)
– Fixed flight ability giving you massive amounts of hunger if you were teleported.
– Fixed lack of item use animation when morphed as another player.
– Fixed localizations causing duplicate morphs.
– Fixed issue with abilities not deactivating after remorphing.
– Fixed block placement and block selection issues in small morphs.
– Added sink ability. Morphs with this “ability” cannot swim upwards.
– Added potion effect ability. Morphs with this ability will inflict potion effects on others when attacking without an item.
– Added fear ability. Morphs with this ability causes other types of mobs to run away from the morph. Yes, creepers run away from you if you’re an ocelot/cat.
– Added per-player config for early flight (vs the previous serverwide config)
– Added a config to disable certain abilities by type.
– Added a config to render the actual player name over the player when they’re morphed (yes, this shows even when morphed as another player)
– Added a config to override the mob the player has to kill to unlock flight.
– instaMorph config is now disabled by default.
– Converted the player morph ability whitelist to a black/whitelist with a toggle config.
- Player size now changes while they are morphing instead of when the morph is complete. This’ll let you get into smaller gaps quicker! This can also slowly put you in a wall so be careful.
– Player’s max health and health are adjusted if the morph they are morphing into has a different hit points, with a max of 20 hit points. Damage dampening from armor is unaffected.
– Resolved/reduced conflicts with the custom hand renderer using the new event introduced in Forge.
– Configuration files and commands are now localizable.
– Morph save data is now saved with the world and the player. Therefore, morph.dat is not longer required.
– Converted the mod mob support and NBT stripper systems to use a threaded reader which reads from the github repository. Also has support for local (in the config folder) or custom-linked files.
– Mod mob support has been renamed to a more general “ability support”
- Ability mappings for Minecraft mobs are now in the ability support mappings. This means they can be overriden with custom mappings.
- Changed how AbilitySwim works, mobs with this ability which cannot breathe out of water will have increased land fog and decreased water fog. This makes it harder to see on land and a lot easier in water.
– Reduced chances of super acceleration with swim ability when in water.
– Error handling for rendering models, entity loading and ability mapping. Should fix many crashes with mod mob morphs.
– Boss mobs are no longer set to dead when killed and acquired to allow them to do their death ticks. This means you can leave the End and get it’s XP now after acquiring the Ender Dragon.
– Plugged a OpenGL memory leak whenever the player morphed or acquired a new morph.
– Updated the API with a new, favoured method to get an ability object.
Download Morphing Mod 1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2