Morph Mod 1.6.4
This mod is still in Beta and is unfinished! Updates will come in the future to the remaining missing content.
Requires Minecraft Forge!
- “Acquire” most living mobs by killing them (a morph). This includes other players, silverfish, mobs from Twilight Forest, Mo’ Creatures, Ore Spawn, and more!
- Use abilities that accompany morphs you acquire! More info in the next tab.
Abilities are basically “characteristics and skills”, but for simplicity’s sake, they’re called abilities. Packaged with the mod right now there are 11 abilities, some good, some bad. They are as follows:
- Fall Negate
- Fire Immunity
- Water Allergy
- Poison Resistance
- Wither Resistance
- Browse previously acquired morphs with the (defaults) [ / ] keys (Square brackets, normally next to the Enter/Return key). Hit them to open the Gui and scroll up and down, hold shift to scroll left and right. (Works with the mouse as well, once the selector is open!). The mod will try it’s best to prevent duplicate morphs, however it cannot guarantee that.
- Select a morph with the Enter/Return/LMB. It takes ~4 seconds to transition between morphs, and you cannot acquire new morphs while morphing.
- Remove a morph with the Delete/Backspace button. You however, cannot remove your original state, or the morph you are currently using.
- Close the morph selector with the Escape/RMB. It will auto close if there is another Gui open.
- Add a mod to favourites with the ~ key, when in the Morph Gui. You can also hold the ~ key to open a radial menu to morph into your favourites!
Known Issues (and status)
- (BUG) Morphs with tiny hitboxes cannot swim up pools deeper than 1 block.
- (BUG) Horse morphs in grazing mode infinitely graze.
- (BUG) Occasionally morphs can duplicate. This is entirely due to the entity NBT data being slightly different, causing the mod to think the morph as a new morph. If you are being overrun with morphs, delete some.
- (WONTFIX) Morphing into child morphs will show the morph transition into an adult morph. Child models are changed directly in the model class, so I’d rather not go to hassle of handling each individual case to correctly show the transition, especially since there are no hooks by MCForge in that category.
- (WONTFIX) Very large morphs have difficulty breaking blocks, especially those with a very different eye height from the player. The server classes these seperately and might reject the block breaking. Won’t fix, not a big issue.
- (WONTFIX) Morphs with short “arms” float in first person. Won’t fix because the mod is using a generic way to get “arms” of mobs, and attempting to render them in the same viewpoint/position first person as normal player arms.
- (WONTFIX) “Acquiring” the Ender Dragon doesn’t spawn an End Portal. This is because the Ender Dragon doesn’t die. It becomes a part of you, and you become the ender dragon. (jk)
- (UNDECIDED) Holding items as morphs which cannot hold items, will not show the item.
Download Morph Mod 1.6.4/1.6.2