Minecraft Snapshot 14w08a
Minecraft 1.8 – Snapshot 14w08a has been released
- Superflat Customization still uses Block IDs
- Iron Trapdoor has the name “tile.ironTrapdoor.name”
- When swimming in water, you do not drown.
- /execute not obeying the gamerule commandBlockOutput false rule
- Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Handling packet
- java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
- Nametag shown in inventory screen
- Commands in the form /execute testforblock do not update comparators correctly
- “/scoreboard players test playername” will not tab-complete the objective argument
- testforblock command not working with execute command.
- No way to hide Commands executed by Entities for OPs
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.