This release fixes a few reported security issues, in addition to some other minor bug fixes & performance tweaks. This version is fully compatible with all previous 1.8 versions, but it is still highly recommend to update to 1.8.4 as soon as possible.
- Pets follow spectator
- Vines no longer spread correctly in corners
- Certain characters cannot be typed on certain keyboard layouts (?AltGr? behaving like ?Ctrl?)
- Nether portals place players in front of the portal
- Duplicating items
- Malicious clients can force a server to freeze
- Malicious clients can force a server to go out memory
- User (formerly known as olduser) has joined shows multiple times
Please make sure that you are in the correct server mode (online mode/offline mode) when you start the 1.8.4 server for the first time, because profiles are not compatible between these two server modes.
Credits: Mojang Team