Minecraft 1.6.1 now live!
- Added handling of invitations
- Added resetting realm with one of provided realm templates
- Added viewing backups for a realm and the ability to restore any of them
- Added setting the owner of a realm as game master operator
- Added confirmation screens for various actions (such as deleting a realm)
- Ability to leave someone else’s realm that previously accepted invitation for.
- Fixed game mode and game difficulty issue
- Minor GUI fixes for better usability
You can download the new launcher for the following systems:
To install the launcher, simply download and run the program.
Minecraft for Windows
Download Minecraft.exe. Place it anywhere you want, then run it.
Minecraft for Mac OS X
Minecraft for Linux / Other
Download minecraft.jar. The jar is executable and might work as-is. If you run into memory issues, try launching it with java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame, also please use Sun’s JVM.
If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it’s a bit more involved. First make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.jar with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui.