Mojang Team: “The main focus for this snapshot is bug fixes, but Minecon is getting closer and closer. Actually, it’s only two weeks left! Yay! And during Minecon, we will show you all the new exciting features for 1.11!”
And this snapshot includes…
- Multiple bug reports are now in prime state to be reopened again!
- Particles from falling/landing/sprinting on leaves do not use foliage color
- Resourcepack’s glyph_sizes.bin and some unicode_pages are only loaded on startup
- Compass animates incorrectly
- Compass needle spins only in lower half randomly in the End and Nether
- UV mapping in cross.json and tinted_cross.json models is incorrect / South face of crossed textures of saplings, plants, etc. is mirrored
- Resource pack fails to load when the itemframe blockstate is multipart
- Malformed ping packet from server crashes client
- World File Names Containing Brackets Will Not Load Packaged Resource Packs
- Lingering Potions lose their effect when thrown in survival
- Placing a sign that was in a stack of 1 causes it to lose it’s data
- Lava bucket gets used up in smelting
- Passengers do not upgrade correctly from old versions
- Don’t know what stat.killEntity.Creeper is
- Crafted Banner applied to a Shield defaults color to black/doesn’t change the shield
- The block model of bone blocks lacks some cullface definitions
- Pause on lost focus inconsistent spelling.
- Command feedback inconsistency.
- Block Model Random Offset Compatibility
How to use:
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Author: Mojang Team