Glenn’s Gases Mod 1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
Glenn’s Gases Mod 1.7.2
Glenn’s Gases introduces gases into the Minecraft world. In real life mining, gases can be extremely dangerous. Without doubt, it will be a challenge in Minecraft too. Glenn’s Gases adds problems to make mining much harder, as well as solutions to these problems.
- Neat flowing gases with different properties!
- Generated gas pockets! They don’t surface in the caves, so you’ll only find them if you dig for them.
- Deadly steam! Better be careful when farming that obsidian.
- Lanterns! They might look fancy but they are vital to your survival!
- Gas Pipes, pumps, collectors, and filtering!
- Gas Furnace! It’s faster, and can smelt a whole stack of coal into a diamond!
So, which gases are there?
That is entirely up to you to find out. What I can mention, though, is that you should be very careful with those torches. It might set something on fire. We don’t want that, now do we? You may find out some gases only appear during certain events, and some appear exclusively in gas pockets. Full blocks of gas can be caught in bottles, but be aware; this is a placeholder feature! This will not be possible in the future and will be replaced by something else!
Here’s an example of what you should not do.
So, what’s the deal about lanterns?
As I may have already hinted, torches might set something on fire. Lanterns will not set something on fire. You can place torches inside a lantern at the cost of some light range, or place bottles of gas in them to make them burn at full brightness for a long time! They can be placed inside the lantern either by right clicking on it with the item, or by putting an empty lantern and the item on a crafting table. Glowstone lanterns are the only full-bright lanterns who don’t expire.
Sp, what’s the deal about piping?
Piping isn’t easy, and doing it wrong might cause bad things to happen! What you generally want to do is use a gas collector to collect the gas and put it into pipes. However, a gas pump cannot pump a gas longer than 15 blocks. If you want to pump it longer than 15 blocks, you have to use pumps. If every 16th block in your pipe line is a pump, it will be fully effective. If you somehow mess this up, things might go bad, but you will be warned!
You might want to store this gas somewhere. That’s what you have tanks for.
If you want to pump or collect gases of specific types, you can right click a gas with a sampler, then right click with this sampler on the pump/collector.
To take this gas to use, try pumping it into a gas furnace. It has an unique temperature mechanic; Smelting an item will increase the furnace temperature, which in turn will cause items to smelt faster. Gas consumption remains the same no matter what the temperature is, meaning you can save gas by using a speedy warm furnace.
You can also catch gas in bottles by right clicking empty bottles on a gas tank. The bottles can be used and replaced in lanterns.
More recipe images are coming soon!
All right, there are gases in my Minecraft world. How is that going to affect me?
Do not underestimate the effect gases have on your world, specifically your mining experience. All in all, having gases in your world will actually make survival harder unless you use it to your advantage. If you enter your mines unaware of what you could encounter, you will most likely end up dead.
Installation Glenns Gases Mod 1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
This version of the mod requires the Minecraft Forge API to be installed.
Open the .zip archive from your download in the application of your choice, and extract the two .jar files into the mods folder (and coremods folder respectively if you downloaded the 1.5.2 version) located in “.minecraft”. If this folder is not there, you have to run Minecraft Forge once, then install. Remember to delete any previous versions of the mod!
The Mechanical Update is here!
Here’s a list of some of the fundamental changes:
- Added poisonous nitrous gas, which is nearly identical to the red gas, but it has different properties. Be careful when distinguishing these! Nitrous gas might have a reaction with water.
- All gases can be harvested from pockets using a new gas collection block.
- Added pipes, pumps, and tanks.
- Every gas now has its own bottle. You can no longer catch gas like you used to, but you can put it in bottles by right clicking a bottle on a filled gas tank.
- All Glenn’s Gases blocks and items have been moved to their own creative tab.
- Gases can be sampled using including/excluding samplers. Right click a filled sampler on a pump/collector to use this sampled gas as a filter, including/excluding respectively.
- Lanterns have had a revamp, some bottled gases will make lanterns burn longer and some won’t work as fuel at all.
- Added a gas furnace. It can be filled with gas through piping. It has an unique temperature mechanic; Smelting an item will increase the furnace temperature, which in turn will cause items to smelt faster. Gas consumption remains the same no matter what the temperature is, meaning you can save gas and time by using a speedy warm furnace! This furnace is also able to smelt coal into diamonds!
Download Glenns Gases Mod 1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
Glenn’s Gases Mod 1.7.2