EiraIRC Mod 1.8/1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4
This is an IRC connector that works on both client and server independently. It also adds some neat features like name colors, aliases and supports private IRC messages as well as Twitch chat. It also allows you to upload screenshots immediately to either DirectUpload or imgur!
- IRC Client
EiraIRC lets you connect to one or multiple IRC servers and channels. You can easily switch between where you want to chat to (Minecraft, #eirairc, #example, or even ExampleUser) by pressing TAB when the chat is open.
- Bridge Bot (IRC for Servers)
When installed on a server, EiraIRC will act as a so called “Bridge-Bot”. It will relay messages from IRC to the IG-chat and vice-versa, without requiring the players on the server to have the mod installed. It can also be configured to notify IRC users about IG events, such as deaths.
- Twitch Chat
EiraIRC allows you to connect to Twitch’s chat of your favorite livestreamers (or your own channel, if you livestream yourself). Twitch chat is really similar to the normal IRC feature, so once you set up the Twitch connection, you can simply join the channels of other livestreamers (e.g. /irc join irc.twitch.tv/#blay09)
- Screenshot Upload
Have a really cool view you want to share with the people on IRC or that guy who lives 5000 blocks away from you? Take a screenshot and let EiraIRC upload it to an image hoster automatically and your friends will never miss out on your epic moments again!
Are you recording or livestreaming on a server? It’s common courtesy to let them know they’re being filmed. EiraIRC has two keybindings to toggle your recording / livestream state. This doesn’t actually record the screen or something, but it lets other people know about it (through a little notification on the bottom right and an overlay on the player list). There are a few IRC-related notifications too and it’s planned to have the Friends List opt into this as well.
- Server Control
Tired of being online all the time just to manage your server? EiraIRC allows you to run OP commands from IRC (similar to Rcon). It requires you to be authed with NickServ and added to the list of authenticated users in the EiraIRC config file. You can run any command a normal OP can using !op
- Some Extras
The smaller features of EiraIRC include name colors (either op-only or for everyone), a different color for emotes (might be nice for the roleplayers!), chat aliases (can only be given by ops) and commands such as !who to find out who is currently on IRC / or if run with a bridge bot on IRC, who is currently in the game. Of course, EiraIRC has support forNickServ and private messages too.
Install EiraIRC Mod
- Download and install the recommended Minecraft Forge for your Minecraft version.
- Download the latest EiraIRC version for your Minecraft version.
- For Minecraft version 1.5.2, put it in the coremods folder. For 1.6+, there is no coremods folder anymore – put it in modsinstead.
- Read the “Compatibility” section to see if EiraIRC conflicts with any other mods you have installed and fix potential conflicts.
- Start the game and read the section below to learn how to setup the IRC connection.
- Added ircCommandPrefix to set a different command prefix for IRC channel commands
- Added Twitch turbo badge to the name badges
- Added /ctcp command to send CTCP messages (thanks to SoniEx2), allowCTCP config option disabled by default
- Made the reverse-video formatting code (u0016) show up as obfuscated text (§k)
- Fixed Twitch features no longer working correctly (now using IRCv3)
- Fixed achievement messages being fired even if they can’t be achieved yet, resulting in multiple achievement messages
- Fixed NickServ authentication
- Fixed IPv6 address parsing (surround IP by [ and ] when specifying a port)
- Fixed the nick appearing twice in screenshot sharing messages
- Fixed /irc command tab completion
- Fixed IRC color conversion (it broke during last release)
- Fixed timeout on removing modes from normal users
- Fixed log file not actually containing crash information when the connection errors unexpectedly
- Fixed connections not always closing on errors, causing ghost duplicates in IRC
- Fixed servers.json.example.txt mistakenly saying “general” rather than “settings”
API Changes (backwards compatible):
- Added relayChat API method
- Added HasResult to all IRC events, allowing the override of chat output using Result.ALLOW or Result.DENY to prevent any output (thanks to SoniEx2)
- Added IRCPrivate/ChannelCTCPEvent (thanks to SoniEx2)
- Added IRCPrivate/ChannelChatOrCTCPEvent (thanks to SoniEx2)
- Added missing getters to IRCMessage (thanks to SoniEx2)
- Deprecated RelayChat event
Download EiraIRC Mod