Cliffie’s Goos Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4
Cliffie’s Goos Mod 1.7.10
Cliffie’s Goos is a weird mod about emergence, worlds melting, and more. I take the simple idea of a taint/nanotech goo that spreads along the world, and put my spin on it. I’m planning to implement all these:
Goos come in “tiers”, a tier 0 goo is mainly for trolling people, as it only spreads onto other blocks that aren’t bedrock or a goo-resistant wall block.
- * A tier 1 goo will probably have a chance to poision you or give mining fatigue, and can spread much farther when it spreads. Basically a better tier-0.
- * A tier 2 goo would be a gas-type goo that will impede your vision and slowly kill you.
- * A tier 3 goo is like tier 2 and 1 combined.
- * Tier 4 goos: THE WORLD ENDS. Do not use unless you have a orbital death laser.
All the goos have some neat emergent properties, that are rather unintentional. Features:
- * Tier 0 goos: Generates underground (can be toggled on/off), available in 8 colors.
- * Tier 1 goos: Generates much more rarely underground (also togglable), same 8 colors. Poisons you, so be careful with it!
- * Tier 2 goos: Gas, doesn’t generate naturally due to how dangerous it is. It gives you weak blindness when you’re in it, and often poisons you if you’re not wearing a gas mask..
- * Tier 3 goos: Nearly end of the world stuff, does not generate. Super bad.
- * Force fields: Only way to keep out tier 3 goo. Looks freaking cool as well.
- * Gas mask: Made using some anti-taint walls and a airlock block, keeps you from dying in a gas cloud. Also gives iron-level protection, and has near infinite durability.
- * Speed/slow goos, crafting stays secret for now. Harmless and don’t spread, and make you go “WHEE!” or “blaaah.”, respectively.
- * Air locks: Still need to fix these up, they’re supposed to be a easy way to move through your force field.
- * Anti-goo walls: Keep out the badness! Has a config option for the expensive version (needs diamond instead of stone).
- * Open source, fork and poke the mod all you freakin’ want!
For more info, head on over to http://cliffies-mod-info.wikia.com/wiki/CliffiesGoosPortal – it’s the official “wiki”.
Thanks to Minecreatr for making the 1.7 version not explode into a million pieces!
- Install forge for MC 1.6.4, using whatever method suits you.
- Find your way to .minecraft (easiest to use open resource packs folder, then go up a folder)
- Find your mods folder, drop the CliffiesGoos zip into it, done!
1.7 beta instructions:
- Install Forge for 1.7, using whatever method suits you.
- Get to .minecraft and add the Cliffie’s Goos beta to your mods folder.
- Run client once to make sure it doesn’t crash, and change any config options you need to.
- Restart for config changes – done! Get to playing with the mod, and remember to have fun!
Download Cliffie’s Goos Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2