Botania Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2
Botania is a magic tech mod based on nature. It’s still being developed. This thread is based for discussion, so help yourself to some. It’s inspired by other magic mods, such as Thaumcraft or Blood Magic.
This is a beta preview. You may download and play with it (and if you find bugs, do report them on the github ), but it’s by no means complete. Beta testers say it’s pretty stable, but I give you no guarantees. There is some content, and the mod is fully playable in survival, everything is explained in the Lexica Botania. To get started in the mod, just craft it:
Everything about the mod is in there, have a look at the entries in italics before checking the others, these are the most important.
To get started in Botania, one needs to find magical flowers around the world, they spawn in one of 16 colors. These flowers can be made into petals, which are the main crafting material in the mod.
An ingame documentation book exists, in the form of the Lexica Botania. It tells you how the mod works. You can make it by combining a book with any sapling.
Botania features a power system called Mana, which is a somewhat original power system, compared to most others out there. It’s a power system that requires aiming and time coordination, as the power does not go where you want automatically or instantaneously, for more info, see the following video:
The Mana can also be applied for other tasks, such as Runic Infusion (see video below), enchanting, repairing tools or powering magical artifacts.
- Added Incense Sticks and an Incense Plate to burn them on. They provide AoE brew effects. It’s as they say, Incense is Wincense.
- Added the Terra Truncator (Terrasteel Axe), as you’d expect, it breaks whole trees.
- Excaliber’s beams now only home on enemy mobs.
- Fixed an exploit involving the Ring of the Aesir and Ring of Odin that allowed the player to get infinite health. Due to its nature, damage already done can’t be reversed without save editing tools.
- Fixed botania armorsets supposedly protecting against unblockable damage. (mDiyo)
- Fixed Excaliber’s beams only homing on players.
- Fixed more NEI crashes. I think, I can’t reproduce them.
- Right clicking a Petal Apothecary or Runic Altar with an empty hand after a recipe is completed places the components of that recipe from your inventory into the block again for another crafting. And there was much rejoicing, again.
- Terrasteel tools now take more mana to maintain than Manasteel ones.
- The Horn of the Canopy now has a better way to check for leaves. It might even pick up Thaumcraft leaves now, who knows. It also reaches a bit higher.
- The Red Stringed Relay can now connect to double tall flowers.
- [API] Added a function to Brew to prevent it from being infused into incense.
- [API] Increased version number to 49.
Download Botania Mod