Better Dungeons Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4
Better Dungeons Mod 1.7.10
The Better Dungeons Mod by Chocolatin is a really expansive Minecraft mods that add new mobs and expansive dungeons to the regular Minecraft biomes. These dungeons range from Pirate ships to volcanoes and really add a sense of depth and adventure if you’re feeling tired of vanilla Minecraft.
Volcanoes, stay away from the core, or not…
Siege castles to get settlements for your travels! Look for them in plains.
Assault pirate ships
The mod comes with little ships templates, a big galeon and a treasure island.
Strongholds, try to find the entrances at taiga biomes.
And thats supposed to be under the towers:
Swamp caves are very big, and with some flowers!!
Nether cities (Caution, secret rooms inside)
If you see a pyramid(or something suspicious in deserts), go in, look for the trapdoor in the maze and jump in to fight the boss:
Look for this caves in wet biomes to find the slime boss:
Nether holes, you will see red sky, also removed bedrock from top.
A default dungeon (In the download version dungeons will be at layers 18-60, this was just for testing)
A big one (size configurable in properties, look top)
List of mobs:
Human-like mobs: “Human” mobs, they look human like, type depending in biome. There are 3 classes:
- Armored: scales their hp and attack depending on the dificulty and the armor/weapon they wear.
- Archer: basic ranged unit, equipped with a bow.
- Special unit: normally a mage with powerful spells.
Depending on the biome, dungeons will be filled with these mobs, and sometimes weak armored mobs(leather,chain, or iron armor) will patrol their biome.
Plains: Skeletons:with a discomposed corpe those warriors are the weakest warriors of the dark forces of minecraftia, their special unit is a necromancer.(base armor index 1)
Taiga: Zombies: corpses in descomposition state, they follow their liche master orders, and are looking for brains! their special unit is a liche.(base armor index 2)
Ocean: Pirates: their special unit is the king pirate.(base armor index 4)
Goblins: These creatures life in swamp caves, be care if you find one, they don’t use to go alone.
Dwarves: This little steves will attack you in a big group, and if you find their dungeon at the core of the volcano you may find some golems, and of course a lot of valuable stuff, but, at what price?
Ice plains: The others: not many its known about them, don’t get close if you are not able to siege a skeletons castle.
Ice bull: lifes in caves on cold biomes, some investigations says that those cave are not naturally generated, probablly if you find that bull you may ask him what happened there or just run away.
PigZombies: renegades, ex-humans, or ex-pigs, or ex-zombies, where they come from? Ancient stories tell that they are zombies that renegated to its master, and now pig curse its eating them, their special unit is a pigman mage. (base armor index 6)
Other mobs and bosses:
Slime boss: slimes everywhere.
Pyramid boss: a boss inside pyramids, throws fireballs, and its inmune to direct player damage.
Spider boss: you can find them in swamp caves.
Necromancer: its the special of the skeletons, live in castles, its protected by an horde of skeletons. Have 3 diferent attacks: normal attack its a basic mele attack, cause confusion; Vampiric ball, a proyectile, heal the caster if the ball collides with any entity; Summon skeleton, summon a skeleton near him, the damage the skeleton does its returned to the necromancer as health.
Liche: a semi-death necromancer who gave his life to dark rituals, there creatures are dangerous, have more powerful versions of the necromancer attacks, and extra spells.
King pirate: the king of the pirates, open your eyes fighting him, he will trick with your vision.
The Exterminator prototype: its one of the biggest secrets of dwarves, you can find it at the end of their dungeons. But it is a prototype, may not work very well.
Subdits: the scout of the pyramid boss, the respawn delay depends on dificulty.
Bees: spawn in swamps under layer 60.
Summoned skeleton: summoned by a necromancer, weak attack , weak health, but will heal his master doing damage to his enemies.
Horses: An use for all those saddles you get in dungeons.
There are some different horses, each one has his habilities(health, speed…) depending on their color, try to find your best mount.
If you are sneaking and the horse its at his max speed he will start sprinting(time depends on the race)
If you have a saddle you can also tame them, once tamed they will stay in the same position, wont despawn and can be ridden right clicking on it.
Saddled horses can change their state(waiting, free movement) by interacting with them while sneaking.
You can bread them like other vanilla minecraft animals.
Pollos: pollos look like ostrich with different colors, they act like horses except in the movement, they can’t sprint, and aren’t that fast, but they jump highter, and they can plane. Like horses they have special features depending on the color(speed, planing distance…)
Dogs: An alternative to wolves, they act the same way, except that you can breed them(use wheat), you can’t attack them, and they have a chance of become the target of the attacked monster instead of allways.
Better Dungeons Mod Changelogs:
- Russian translation loading properly. Spawners from the mod won’t spawn if world is peaceful.
- Added Russian translation thanks to ZaratUshtrA-2-0 . Spiked gloves prevents falling damage
- Fixed some generation bugs. Added an option to disable the wall in the north. Some render fixes.
- Daggers backstab multiplier is applied to user strenght instead of weapon damage.
- Changed heavy boots for spiked gloves(chestplate, low defense, increased strenght), and added a heavy diamond and iron set.
- Bull helmet has a new special hability(sprinting).
- Fixed some buffs with armor attributes.
- Increased range for spears basic attack(left click). Mecha golem has reduced attack speed when ridden, and to summon you have to click on an iron tower with the spawner item.(Just like vanilla golem).
- Reduced bullets base damage from 8 to 6. A new mob class, gladiator, uses a sword on each hand and have a spinning attack. German translation thanks to Vexatos
- Walker king has a chance to spawn with Morning Shine sword & shield
- A new renderer for player, for thirth person two handed swords and shieds. Can be enabled via config, can cause problem with other mods overriding player renderer.
- Defensive swords(morning, moonlight, waker sword, wind sword) rewritted. Now include a shied, and while blocking it will add food saturation instead of dealing damage when attacked. Skeletons apply withter effect on nether, necromancer also turns wither on nether increasing his spell power and gaining some new spells.
- Dungeon name should appear in crash logs .
- New floor generator. Allows more complex room decorators and creates a path between rooms. Applied to castles and skyscrapers/skyscraper grid, also revised the generation of both.
- New rooms: jail, dinning room.
- Boss items if nearby to expire will return to the original owner instead of despawning.
- Pigmen swim on lava.
- Mobs return home(spawner place) if their target it’s dead/not found and they are far.
- Mobs alert their captain if they find hostile targets in range.
- Armor stand and table saving items to NBT correctly.
- Fixed world generation crashes with tileEntities.
- Fixed FPS drops caused by goblins.
- Better AI for some ranged mobs.
- Better AI for mob teams.
- Reduced base damage on most of the basic mobs.
- Premade dungeons(ships castles) now have the spawning chunk on the center.
- Added a support structure on surface templates(castles, snow castles)
Installation Better Dungeons Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2/1.5.1/1.4.7
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Better Dungeons Mod
- Put Better Dungeons Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
Configs: Dungeons maxium size, rooms size, number of rooms, rarity, chest items look at description for more info about parameters, delete if you are updating from 0.1 to 0.2. Config file is in your minecraft folder, betterDungeons.conf
Download Better Dungeons Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2/1.5.1/1.4.7