AutoSwitch Mod 1.7.2/1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2
AutoSwitch Mod 1.7.2
AutoSwitch is a highly-configurable, advanced mod that automatically switches to the correct tool when mining a block and automatically uses the correct weapon when attacking a mob or a player. It will also switch back to your previous item when you are done mining or attacking a mob, useful for building and going on mining trips.
AutoSwitch will look at every tool in your hotbar and pick the best one to use, using a complex algorithm that doesn’t just use the fastest tool, it also takes into account other factors such as enchantments like Silk Touch or Fortune, and if the item is damageable or not.
AutoSwitch is off by default, so hit F10 to toggle it on and off. If F10 doesn’t work for you (like on many laptops or on many Mac OS X computers), then you can change the key bindings and all the other options with Esc -> Options -> Thebombzen’s Options -> AutoSwitch Options. Also, changing the keys in Options -> Controls will not work, because the keys aren’t there. See below for details.
AutoSwitch does not modify class files, only adds them, and therefore AutoSwitch should not conflict with any mods, including mods that were made with Minecraft Forge. In fact, AutoSwitch 2 was specifically designed to be compatible with Minecraft Forge, and understands forge extensions such as the charge on a red matter pickaxe for EE2, among others.
AutoSwitch vs AutoSwitchLight
AutoSwitchLight is a lightweight version of AutoSwitch. It still switches to your tools and weapons, but AutoSwitchLight does not:
- 1. Look at enchantments, other than calculating damage and mining speed.
- 2. Have a config window
- 3. Use the number-of-hits weapon algorithm
- 4. Require Minecraft Forge
Installation AutoSwitch Mod
- 1. Install ModLoader or Minecraft Forge
- 2. Install ThebombzenAPI
- 3. Put ALL the class files inside minecraft.jar
- 4. Delete META-INF.
- 5. DO NOT put AutoSwitchMod zip file inside your mods folder, or AutoSwitch won’t switch back.
- 6. Go to Shift+B -> AutoSwitch Options
- Updated for 1.7.2
- Toggles are now per-server-world rather than all of multiplayer as a whole
- Changed the advanced configuration to use block/item names rather than IDs
Download AutoSwitch Mod
AutoSwitchLight Mod: http://dl2.5minecraft.net/download.php?file=383b97ebd4063ef8d2fdfc18ffb79987