- 12 new, rare trees that can be used to create powerful bows and arrows.
- Each bow and each arrow has its own special effect! Mix and match to see what you get!
- Old archery system has been thrown out. Your aim is no longer perfect and arrows can be affected by wind. Craft better bows to counter this!
- RPG-style woodcutting experience. You can’t cut down and use a powerful tree if your level is too low.
- Arrows are made using iron shards (4 per iron ingot) instead of flint. Much more convenient.
- Full SMP/LAN support! Install to your PvP server and have a blast! (Literally, sometimes.)
- Open source & fully documented to assist those who want to make their own mods.
How To Play:
Things to know first
First, know that regular bows will not shoot Arrows Plus arrows, and Arrows Plus bows will not shoot regular arrows.
You should start a new world. If you play on an existing world, then it may be difficult for you to find the trees, which set the features of the mod in motion.
Starting to play
Arrows Plus adds 12 different trees which spawn rarely in different biomes. Open the spoiler to see their information.
- Aspen Tree. Requires Lvl. 0 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, Ocean (Islands), Taiga, Taiga Hills, Ice Plains, and Ice Mountains biomes. Usually quite tall with thick leaves.
- Cottonwood Tree. Requires Lvl. 0 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, Ocean (Islands), and Swampland biomes. Very green leaves, colorful bark.
- Alder Tree. Requires Lvl. 10 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, and Ocean biomes (Islands). Light green leaves with gray bark.
- Sycamore Tree. Requires Lvl. 20 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, Ocean (Islands), and Swampland biomes. Usually very tall with greenish bark.
- Maple Tree. Requires Lvl. 20 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, Ocean (Islands), Taiga, Taiga Hills, Ice Plains, and Ice Mountains biomes. This tree has two types: Hard Maple and Soft Maple. Hard maple’s wood is darker and stronger than soft maple’s. Soft maple is not recommended for crafting arrows or bows.
- Gum Tree. Requires Lvl. 30 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, and Ocean biomes (Islands). Usually short. Bark is similar to birch.
- Ash Tree. Requires Lvl. 50 woodcutting. Spawns in Forest, Forest Hills, Ocean (Islands), and Swampland biomes.
- Beech Tree. Requires Lvl. 60 woodcutting. Spawns in Taiga, Taiga Hills, Ice Plains, and Ice Mountains biomes. Smooth white bark with bright leaves.
- Hickory Tree. Requires Lvl. 80 woodcutting. Spawns in swampland biome only. Has rough bark and thick leaves.
- Mahogany Tree. Requires Lvl. 90 woodcutting. Spawns in Swampland, Taiga, Taiga Hills, Ice Plains, and Ice Mountains biomes.
- Sypherus Tree. Requires Lvl. 100 woodcutting. Spawns in Jungle biome only. Usually extremely short.
You can only cut these trees if you have a high enough woodcutting level. You gain experience by cutting regular trees or Arrows Plus trees that you are able to cut. You get more experience for cutting Arrows Plus trees. You are notified when you can cut a new tree, but you can view your experience at any time by using the command: /arrowsplus.showxp
Once you’ve cut down an Arrows Plus tree, head over to the crafting table and make the logs into sticks. From here, you can either make bows or arrows with them.
To make bows:
Use the exact same recipe as regular Minecraft bows, except, of course, replace regular sticks with the sticks you’ve gotten from the Arrows Plus tree.
To make arrows:
Arrows Plus arrows use the same “shape” recipe as regular arrows, but they use iron shards instead of flint for the arrowhead and of course Arrows Plus sticks instead of regular sticks.
To craft iron shards, you must craft a hammer with the following recipe (using regular sticks!):
Place the hammer in a crafting table with an iron ingot to smash it into iron shards. A hammer cannot be damaged, so you only have to make one. (Unless you lose it)
After you’ve made your new weapons
Try them out! Be ready for the new shooting system. It is very different from regular Minecraft.
- You are automatically put into “smooth camera” mode for fine-tuning your shot.
- You will no longer zoom in slightly when drawing the bow string back.
- Your crosshair will shake depending on how stable your bow is.
- Once you fire, your arrow could be affected by wind. You may find it difficult to hit far off targets with slow arrows. Craft faster ones!
- All bows and arrows have special attributes which can affect their charge-up time, speed, damage, etc.
Intall Arrows Plus Mod 1.6.2
Automatic Installation Instructions for Windows
- Download the Forge installer from the Downloads section. Run it, choose Install Client, and follow any on-screen instructions until you are notified that it is installed.
- Download the Arrows Plus installler from the Downloads section to your desktop.
- Download the latest version of Arrows Plus from the section to your desktop.
- Open the Arrows Plus installer. It should automatically detect that Arrows Plus is on your desktop and say “Ready to Install!” If it doesn’t, click “Browse” and select the mod file you downloaded (Arrows Plus vx.x.x.zip).
- Click Install. Installation should take no longer than 5 seconds.
- Run the Minecraft launcher, switch your profile to Forge, and play the game! Arrows Plus should be listed under the Mods menu.
Manual Installation Instructions for Windows
Note: There is an automatic installer available for both Forge and Arrows Plus. See the Downloads section to avoid doing a manual install.
- Download and install Forge using the links found in the Downloads section.
- Start the new Minecraft launcher, switch your profile to “Forge,” and run the game.
- Exit the game.
- Go to your Start Menu, type %APPDATA%, and press enter.
- In the new window, open the .minecraft folder.
- Download the latest version of Arrows Plus.
- Place the file you dowloaded into the mods folder.
- Run the game and enjoy! Arrows Plus should be listed under the Mods menu.
Download Arrows Plus Mod 1.6.2