AllSnow Mod 1.7.10
This mod started as an opposite approach to Sopwith’s first mod that stops snow from generating. Sopwith find that the inclusion of snow biomes in regular Minecraft is just ridiculous, and Sopwith dislike seeing hot, dry deserts and lush jungles bordering on winter wastelands. This mod adds snow to every biome except oceans, making for a chilly “snow world” Minecraft experience.
This is similar to the early Minecraft alpha snow levels, but only in the sense that there is snow everywhere. There the comparisons end: as the many biomes that have been implemented exist in the game, only covered in snow. It also isn’t always snowing – weather comes and goes normally. Only this time, it’s always snow. Therefore, snow only regenerates when it’s snowing, which is only once and awhile. Ice will accumulate on standing surface water at all times.
All biomes are basically “chilled” into snow biomes, minus oceans (since doing so allows for at least some open patches of water and ice floes).
How it works
The mod changes the properties of the non-snowy biomes in Minecraft, lowering their ambient temperatures and essentially cooling them down so that snow and ice will not melt when generated. It then switches on the biomes’ toggles for snowfall. The result is all biomes have snow in them, and when precipitation falls it is always snow (except in ocean biomes).
The downside to this is that because biome colours are determined by temperature, all grass and foliage in all biomes become the same colour, so you’ll have to get used to seeing the same shade of green practically everywhere.
IF YOU USE THIS MOD ON WORLDS YOU HAVE ALREADY GENERATED OR SAVED, BEWARE THATTHE ENTIRE WORLD WILL GENERATE SNOW AND ICE! If you don’t want this, either don’t load your old worlds or don’t use the mod. Luckily, with Forge, enabling and disabling mods is a breeze – just take the file in and out of the “mods” folder.
Install AllSnow Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4
- Download the Forge .jar file (link just above)
- Run the .jar, install the Client.
- Run the launcher using the “Forge” profile from the drop-down list. Play Minecraft.
- Once it loads, quit Minecraft.
- 5Place the mod .jar/.zip file in the “mods” folder in your main /.minecraft folder (in /appdata)
- Play and enjoy the snow.
- Download and install Forge (server) into where you want your server to be.
- Launch the “Forge Universal” .jar that it downloads once, to initialize folders. Then quit.
- Place this mod .jar/.zip into the “/mods” folder in the server’s root directory.
- Play and enjoy the snow.
Download AllSnow Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4